Friday, January 2, 2015

To Start the New Year Off!

Inasmuch as I can't stand my camera, here's pics on my newest Pretty Little Fool just about done. There's shoes to be made yet and some tweaking of her hat/hair arrangement... but she's coming along. She's a large 32 inch doll made of fabric and fully articulated with a silk gauze over paper clay bust with a head that turns. Pretty Little Fools are meant to be a boudoir doll I have been developing over the last year. I couldn't wait to share her, though, and Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Love her and love, love, love those feathers! She has a really sweet enigmatic expression. And, I'd really love to know how you made a turning head. That's next on my list of things to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Rhissanna! I used a lot of trial and error but finally built her head on an aluminum foil cardboard tube and used a large button with elastic threaded through it to the shoulder wire armature under her bust to hold her head in place. The button is covered by the pate of her wig.

    ReplyDelete