Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Here's a primitive doll challenge and a black and white assemblage challenge (a two-fer, if you will) I recently completed.  Since I can't ever decide whether I like making dolls or I like piecing fabric for quilts, I've decided to try my hand at combining the two.

The primitive doll challenge specified that the doll be 20 inches maximum and made with recycled denim
and the black and white challenge specified that only black and white fabric was to be used.

This assemblage is 36 inches x 24 inches.  The birds are wired and stuffed and made with white denim, the background is cut and pieced white denim, recycled, batted and quilted.  The doll is cloth face, cloth hair, painted features, painted shoes and is removable from her 'strings'.

I call it Cordelia and the Cockatoos.

No comments:

Post a Comment